Wednesday 12 December 2012

Friendship bracelets

 
My daughter got this weaving wheel for her birthday so we have been making friendship bracelets. The instructions were a bit complicated so I had to get my husband to help me with the first one which was the flower power design you can see further down the page, but once I got the hang of it, it's easy peasy! Thank goodness as the age range on the packaging said from 6 years+
 
 

So this shows the threads set up on the wheel the design is called the candy cane.
 
 
 

 
This shows the friendship bracelet coming out of the underside of the wheel

 
 
And this is a small child sized friendship bracelet in a flower power design, our first attempt at weaving! The kit comes with about 4 different designs and some thread, but once the thread runs out im going to replace it with embroidery thread and we can choose colours that we love. you can adjust the length of the threads to make adult sized bracelets and add any beads as well so endless possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great to hear from you, leave me your thoughts and comments on todays post, I hope you are enjoying being a part of marti Crafts