Wednesday 6 April 2011

Cassis Oil Cookies (easter biscuits)

extra large butter cookie men


Daisy shaped cookies, notice the small hand coming in for a steal!

Today we decided to make huge ginger bread men without the ginger and used Cassis Oil instead which is typical easter scent and taste. These men are so large I could only fit 2 onto my cake stand! Now we made ours with a vegetable spread as my LO's both have a milk intolerance.
The recipe for these is so easy as follows...
  • 500g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 200g castor sugar
  • 7 drops cassis oil
  • 250g chilled butter (vegetable spread)
Heat oven to 175 Degrees C.
Mix all ingredients together, form a nice dough on a floured surface, Chill wrapped in clingfilm for 40 mins in the fridge, Heat oven to 175 Degrees C. Roll out to about 3-4mm thick and cut with your favourite cookie cutters. Bake on floured or greased baking trays for 8-12 minutes.
Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmm thanks...cookies are my guilty pleasure x

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you, leave me your thoughts and comments on todays post, I hope you are enjoying being a part of marti Crafts